- Glossary of Symbolic Words in the Bible
- Meditations on His Word, August, 2019
- Meditations on His Word, 2018, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2017, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word,2016,Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2015, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2014, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2013, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2012, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2011, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2010, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2009, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2008, Jan.-Dec.
- Parables, Symbolism and Numbers
- The Image or Mark of the Beast
- The Great White Throne Judgment
- The Falling Away/The Apostasy
- "You’re not really saved if…….”
- What is the Kingdom of God?
- Beast, False Prophet, Devil... Lake of Fire
- Seven Seals, Seven Trumps, Seven Vials
- Reincarnation Part II, Enoch
- Satan/Antichrist and his angels are coming!
- The Serpent Seed
- Michael – one of the Archangels or Jesus Christ?
- The Deadly Wound
- The Two Witnesses of Revelation Chapter 11: 3
- The Locust Army of Revelation Chapter Nine
- The Rapture Theory
- Women Should Not Teach
- “Come Up Hither”
- The Millennium
- Abaddon and Apollyon
- Revelation is So Scary!
- “Cannot Buy or Sell”
- There are Spaceships in the Bible
- “Oh! Now I Get It!”
- Site Map
- Contact Us
- Suggested Sites/Links
“Oh! Now I Get It!”
Yes, God is amazing! Being open to God's way of teaching flows like fresh water to your spirit. What does water symbolize? Truth!
I'm going to throw something at you that I hope will not evoke negative feelings... My wife and I taught a Bible Study for years. We were independent of the established denominations and met in a hotel conference room. We started this website to share our inspiration from God with those who might seek a better understanding of God's word.
Let’s look at the way Jesus taught in parables... he told his disciples that God's wisdom is hidden from those with an unrepentant heart (my loose translation). We believe that the Bible really unfolds and opens up when you understand that many of the scriptures are hiding a deeper veiled meaning. It's all about Bible Symbolism.
It's like a puzzle, or a riddle... it is all confusing until you get the inspiration, and then you see the answer. It's hard to explain, but all the wild and scary symbols in the Book of Revelation are much simpler than the "drama kings" present to their congregations in ignorance. For example… “locusts with the hair of women or a two edged sword coming out of Jesus' mouth!” Do you really think Jesus is going to walk around with a big sword in his mouth? These symbols are throughout the Old and the New Testaments. What a symbol means in the Old Testament is what it also means in the New. Once you start to see the symbolism in the word of God, then it all fits together and you start understanding like never before. With this understanding descends a great peace from above.
Have you ever see the bumper-sticker that has a jumble of white figures, and you don't know what it means, and as you sit at the red light and stare at it you realize that it is the background around the letters JESUS. "Oh, now I get it!" And once you see past the shapes to solve the puzzle, you always see "Jesus" in this bumper-sticker.
It's the same way with symbolism, after you begin to piece some of them together, the confusion begins to clear and you see things that shake your old foundation, those images you were taught as a child. For example, you picture angels with wings. In the Bible, when it describes angels, there is no mention of wings. Angels appear and disappear as messengers from God, as with the shepherds in the field, but they don’t have wings. Now that's hard to accept. Every picture you have ever seen of angels, they have wings. When seraphim and cherubim are described with “wings” and “flying”, it is symbolic for overspreading and covering with God’s truth and glory. It's hard to stop and realize that actual feathered wings are something artists painted on them in the middle ages, in ignorance, and we have carried on this image ever since. It's like blasphemy to picture them without wings! The mind shuts down and says, "NO, I will follow tradition before I accept the truth." Besides, my image is prettier... and more romantic... and more dramatic….and FALSE!