- Glossary of Symbolic Words in the Bible
- Meditations on His Word, October, 2019
- Meditations on His Word, 2018, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2017, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word,2016,Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2015, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2014, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2013, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2012, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2011, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2010, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2009, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2008, Jan.-Dec.
- Parables, Symbolism and Numbers
- The Image or Mark of the Beast
- The Great White Throne Judgment
- The Falling Away/The Apostasy
- "You’re not really saved if…….”
- What is the Kingdom of God?
- Beast, False Prophet, Devil... Lake of Fire
- Seven Seals, Seven Trumps, Seven Vials
- Reincarnation Part II, Enoch
- Satan/Antichrist and his angels are coming!
- The Serpent Seed
- Michael – one of the Archangels or Jesus Christ?
- The Deadly Wound
- The Two Witnesses of Revelation Chapter 11: 3
- The Locust Army of Revelation Chapter Nine
- The Rapture Theory
- Women Should Not Teach
- “Come Up Hither”
- The Millennium
- Abaddon and Apollyon
- Revelation is So Scary!
- “Cannot Buy or Sell”
- There are Spaceships in the Bible
- “Oh! Now I Get It!”
- Site Map
- Contact Us
- Suggested Sites/Links
Parables, Symbolism and Numbers
When Jesus taught in parables, Matthew 13: 10-17, Mark 4: 11, 12, he was asked why he did this. He stated that it was not meant for all to know the mysteries.
Parables are hidden truths and hidden manna for us to seek and to find. We believe these truths are hidden in symbolism in our Father's Word.
Parables such as: the sower, Matthew chapter 13, the fig tree, Mark chapter 13 and the workers in the field, Matthew chapter 20 are symbolically (timelessly) teaching us to sow (teach) the truth, to bring forth spiritual life and bear fruit, (love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, Galatians 5:22 & 23) and to desire for ALL to receive the same reward, when they accept our Father's plan of salvation, Jesus Christ! We would not want anyone to think that we are saying that the examples in the Bible are all symbolic and did not really happen. We believe that for anything to be symbolic there has to have been something literal first, just as we are told in I Corinthians 10:11.
I Corinthians 10:11
Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
For example, God’s children are called many things in the Bible: Stones, eyes, wheels, trees, rivers, candlesticks, olive trees, cedars of Lebanon, mountains, Judah, Zion, Israel, Jacob, wheat, ships of Chittum, sons and daughters, cities, locusts and many, many more.
Symbolism for truth is also very interesting: oil, wine, corn, fire, milk, meat, bread, rain, light, water, talents and many more .
The understanding of numerical symbolism can play such a major part in gaining wisdom and knowledge of our Father’s Word. If we cannot distinguish between literal numbers and symbolic numbers in the Bible, confusion will ensue.
For instance, in the book of Revelation, five months, 1260 days, 42 months, 3 ½ years, and time, times, and a half time all mean the same period of time…..the time since Christ ascended and Satan’s hour had come, John 12:31.
When the Lord is talking to the seven churches in Revelation we know that seven is symbolic for spiritual completeness and perfection. In Revelation chapter 11 the word two is symbolic for union and witnessing when describing the two witnesses.
Once our eyes are open to symbolism the Old and New Testaments come alive for us as never before in our lives.
Examples of Numerical Symbolism:
Two………..Union, Division or Witnessing
Three…..….Resurrection, Divine Completeness, Perfection
Five…….….Grace of God
Six…....…....Weakness of Man, Manifestation of Sin, evils
Eight…..…...New Birth, New Creation, New Beginning
Nine….….…Fruit of the Spirit, Lord’s Divine Completeness
Ten……...…Testimony, Law and Responsibility
Eleven…..…Judgment and Disorder
Thirteen…....Depravity and Rebellion
Forty………..Trials, Probation and Testing
Sixty six……..Idol Worship
Seventy……..Israel and her Restoration
100………….God’s Election of Grace
1000………...Divine Completeness, Glory of God
New Page: The Great White Throne Judgment