- Glossary of Symbolic Words in the Bible
- Meditations on His Word, April, 2019
- Meditations on His Word, 2018, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2017, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word,2016,Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2015, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2014, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2013, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2012, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2011, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2010, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2009, Jan.-Dec.
- Meditations on His Word, 2008, Jan.-Dec.
- Parables, Symbolism and Numbers
- The Image or Mark of the Beast
- The Great White Throne Judgment
- The Falling Away/The Apostasy
- "You’re not really saved if…….”
- What is the Kingdom of God?
- Beast, False Prophet, Devil... Lake of Fire
- Seven Seals, Seven Trumps, Seven Vials
- Reincarnation Part II, Enoch
- Satan/Antichrist and his angels are coming!
- The Serpent Seed
- Michael – one of the Archangels or Jesus Christ?
- The Deadly Wound
- The Two Witnesses of Revelation Chapter 11: 3
- The Locust Army of Revelation Chapter Nine
- The Rapture Theory
- Women Should Not Teach
- “Come Up Hither”
- The Millennium
- Abaddon and Apollyon
- Revelation is So Scary!
- “Cannot Buy or Sell”
- There are Spaceships in the Bible
- “Oh! Now I Get It!”
- Site Map
- Contact Us
- Suggested Sites/Links
The Image or Mark of the Beast
Webster’s dictionary defines the word “image” as a mental picture of something; idea; the total impression created by a person. The meaning of the word "mark" is a badge of servitude, as in being in bondage to the belief in and the spreading of false teachings and false doctrines.
As we begin to search and study the Word of God we eventually begin to realize that much of what we have been taught is man’s images of how he or his teachers before him perceived God’s Word.
Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
In Revelation chapter 13 the image (mental picture) of the beast (mankind's religious system, Ecclesiastes 3:18) is what man believes to be true and is worshipping as the truth. This is the same image that is in Daniel 2: 31–35 that the stone (Jesus Christ, Truth) smote the image with his coming, death and resurrection. The great mountain in Daniel 2:35 represents all Christians who fill the earth with Truth.
In Revelation 13:15 the mark in your forehead (mind, brain, thinking) is what people are worshipping that they believe to be Truth. The mark in the right hand (power, might, laboring) is the work that many are doing to spread lies, misconceptions and deceptions through ignorance of Truth and lack of knowlege. Many are being taught to look out for micro-chips, tattoos and bar codes being placed in and on them while they already have the mark of the image of the beast in their minds and in their service as they teach falsely and support those who teach falsely.
Most Bible teachers and scholars mean well and are only teaching what they have been taught. They should not be accused of being demon-possessed, evil, or an antichrist. Let’s have patience and compassion as we all seek wisdom from above, please,
I Thessalonians 2:7, II Timothy 2:24. We have an accuser and his name is Satan. Let’s not act like him!
I Thessalonians 2:7
But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:
II Timothy 2:24
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,....
In our quest for knowledge we may be blessed to find great teachers and learn much from them. Nevertheless, we must never be intimidated into not doing our own studying, meditating on God’s Word and listening to THE Teacher within us, Jesus Christ.
Psalms 119:99. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
God will build up and tear down as we mature in His Word, Ecclesiastes 3:3. We have to be willing to have open eyes and minds and to be compliant in His molding and purifying of us. If we become stubborn or complacent, Acts 7:51, and refuse to allow Him to tear down false teachings, then we will become useless, as teachers of Truth, in His kingdom here on earth. If we refuse to hear and obey He also will have to turn us over to a reprobate mind (disqualified to serve). We want to become the mature Christians He wants us to be, Hebrews 5:12-14.
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Hebrews 5:12 - 14
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.(Mature truth) 13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14 But strong meat (Mature truth) belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.